i loves me some fireworks
Sunday, August 01, 2004
It's weekends like this past one that remind me why I love Chicago. Other than this afternoon's stifling humidity, the weather was absolutely beautiful. I was able to visit with my family as well, for one of my FAVORITE nights of the entire year-- Venetian Night. If you're unfamiliar with Venetian Night, I will sum it up for you: the best fireworks of the year. This year, my parents officially became hip cats, and moved into a very nice apartment on the lake. So I was able to watch the parade of boats and fireworks, complete with 2 of the best inventions in the world, air conditioning and Diet Coke.

I was also able to spend time with my niece Brianna and some family friends. I spent the rest of my weekend doing absolutely nothing. (with the exception of the impromptu Cocker Spaniel doggy-wash earlier today- thanks to Jen and Mos Jef for bringing Seamus by the apartment) It was fantastic. Hope you all had an equally relaxing and enjoyable weekend.