new york, schmew york
Monday, August 16, 2004
i know i'm going to get bashed for this, but i just don't like new york. it smells funny here. i feel as if, when walking down the street, that one of the buildings is going to lift up a concrete foot, slam it down on me, and crush me like an ant.

ooh, i miss home so much! i'm exhausted, so much in fact, that i'm not even bothering to use capital letters in this post. i'll just lie and say that i'm channelling e.e. cummings.

new york is fantastic (meaning: unbelievable, not wonderful), loud and dirty. i don't enjoy having to dodge roaches in the street, or avoid tourists that are standing, huddled in the middle of the sidewalk, eyes to the skies and mouths agape. i did, however, find salvation in little italy- angelo's on mulberry street is sooooo good. mmmm...mezzalune ravioli with tomato cream sauce, a robust pinot noir, and my boyfriend there to make me laugh. it was almost enough to make me forget that i'm here to work! :)

then again, my span of attention has been notoriously short these days. speaking of which, i really have to go. talk to you all soon!