Apple-liscious
Thursday, September 23, 2004
Autumn is upon us, which means three things:
1. I will start wearing fleece jackets more often (my favorite outerwear).
2. The number of pedicures performed worldwide will decrease dramatically.
3. My favorite type of apples will be harvested!

To further prove that I am, in fact, an enormous nerd...I would like to announce that it is now the official season for Honeycrisp Apples. According to this informative website, the harvests (which are spread across the 48 contiguous states) are starting to come in. You can order bushels and bushels of apples ahead of time with certain orchards OR you can go picking for apples yourself! Very rarely can I find Honeycrisps in the local grocery store, or farmers market.

For your information, the honeycrisp apple is a sweet, semi-hard apple. It has JUST a hint of peach taste to it, and the texture is perfect. Not at all mealy, and very crisp and light. I'm tellin' ya...you have to eat it to believe it.

For more information, visit the following sites:
Honeycrisp Info
Honeycrisp Apple Growers
National Orchard Listing

Hazzah! It's autumn!