A Little Pick-me-Up
Monday, September 20, 2004
I would like to take my blog time today to investigate the motivation behind cheezy pick-up lines. Is it actually the spoken word that is cheezy, or is any pick-up line made cheezy by its inherent purpose, and the context in which it is generally spoken? I would love to hear from anyone that actually fell for a bad pick-up line and had things work out normally. I would hate being a man-- too much pressure to initiate things: scheduling dates, starting up random conversations, proposing marriage, etc. How incredibly nerve-wracking must that be?

In all seriousness, I applaud every man for dealing with the pressures that society places on men, and the expectations that create that stress. HOWEVER, nothing justifies comments like, "Pardon me, have you seen my missing nobel prize around here anywhere?" or, "You make my software turn to hardware!" Just try googling the phrase "Cheezy Pick Up Lines." It's worth an entire day of entertainment.

Other perennial favorites:

Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only ten I see!
I am conducting a field test of how many woman have pierced nipples.
If you were a booger I'd pick you first.
Which one of the Spice girls are you?
Baby, somebody better call God, cuz he's missing an angel!
Your daddy must have been a baker, 'cause you've got a nice set of buns.
Well, here I am. What were your other two wishes?

Horrible. Simply horrible.