Woof!
Thursday, September 09, 2004
So I have an announcement- I'm a parent, sort of. After months of debating, writing pro/con lists, and talking endlessly to everyone I know about it, I've decided to adopt a dog. Tuesday I drove to Dowagiac, Michigan, to pick up a 20# mutt mix of Black Labrador and Dachshund. His name is Doc, and he's incredibly well behaved for a former stray. I'll admit-- driving home, I was thinking, "My God, what have I done? I can't handle a dog." But now I realize that my fears were in vain, and it was so important that I give him a home that he deserves.

I encourage all my readers (all 11 of you) to go out and do something nice for an animal today, tomorrow, this weekend, whenever. There are so many of them just waiting for some time and love, both of which are easy to give and make a world of difference. Have a great weekend everyone!