People, nothing more than PEOPLE!
Wednesday, October 06, 2004
I started a new job today. Yes, that's right-- on a wednesday, don't ask. And no, I didn't take a week off in between the two, b/c I'm a peon, and I can't afford to do that. Regardless, I wanted to jump online today and pay homage to some very special people that I know: my former coworkers. They know who they are.

They are the only people in the WORLD who have seen me tipsy at 7:30 am. They have endured my incessant rambling on any and every topic imaginable, and had the misfortune to hear me belt out Bonnie Raitt tunes at karaoke. I'm sure they saw my departure from the company as nothing more than a crafty way to avoid coming into the office on the weekend of the Scheduling Summit, but I'll put those suspicions to rest right now. Announcing my departure was as surprising to me, as it was to everyone else. Kind of like Paris Hilton deciding to give up the golden life, and join the greater Los Angeles Diocese's Nuns-In-Training program.

A few of the classic moments that I will never forget are:
- running around Las Vegas barefoot, at "4:30" in the morning.
- being delirious and weary enough to daydream of bowls of chocolate mousse
- the infectious and genuine chuckle of Katie L.
- actually being gullible enough to buy Corey's straightface routine on many jokes
- Carol's incredible and almost unbelievable travel stories

Thanks to these people for making the last 11 mo. of my life tolerable and entertaining. I miss you already!