Double Standard
Monday, November 01, 2004
So there I was, surfing the blog world for interesting sites that I haven't seen, when I came across something unusual. Apparently there's a book out entitled "Cooking to Hook Up" that educates men on what to cook, what music to play, which flowers to purchase, etc., to successfully woo a woman. The book breaks down each female "type" using a 10 question quiz of her personality attributes.

The feminist in me screams at this as complete stupidity-- merely another ploy to exploit the insecure nature of bachelors across America and simultaneously pigeonhole women into nice, neat, cut-n-bake categories. The other half of me, the side that occasionally buys self-help books and recently ordered "He's Just Not That into You" from Amazon, thinks it's pretty entertaining- literary schtick or not.

What are you? I'm a hybrid of Progressive Girl and Girl Next Door. Check it out.