Fleecy Soft
Wednesday, November 03, 2004
It may be that time of the month, it may be that I'm sad that Senator John Kerry has conceded the presidency to a narrow-minded moron...I don't know. Mark the date: I cried over a blog today. For those of you that know me well, you may have been present for one of my softer moments. I hide my soft, vulnerable side well (did you know that I like EmmyLou Harris, Dinah Washington, and Simon & Garfunkel music? No, I didn't think so, b/c I hide that side of me behind blaring self-confidence and a brash, outspoken personality).

For months now, I have been preaching the Gospel of Dooce (note potential God acronym here...ha! Heather would love that) to my friends and family. I've even turned a few of my friends into apostles, so to speak. However, her post today (9-month letter to Leta) really put me over the edge. It reminded me of how badly I want to have children someday, all the wonderful and scary things a child brings to one's life, and how powerful a parent's love can be for their children. It also served as an example that good things can come to anyone, to any walk of life, out of any bad situation. You simply never know when you will be blessed.

I greatly encourage you to read this non-saccharine, well-phrased, and wholeheartedly entertaining web log. You will be the better for it.