A stage icon passes
Wednesday, December 29, 2004
I was genuinely sad to read in the morning online Trib that actor Jerry Orbach had passed away from prostate cancer. Not only is it a reminder of the horrors of cancer, but a harbinger of things to come. Or NOT to come, as it were, since Orbach was the lead character in the newest Law & Order spin-off "Trial by Jury."

I make no attempt to disguise my love of the Law & Order programming. I've loved them since they started, and having gone into syndication, I can love them every day of the week now! Detective Lennie Briscoe was a key character...but did you know he was also Baby's father in the film Dirty Dancing? Did you know that he won a Tony award and starred in several Broadway productions, including The Fantasticks, Chicago, 42nd Street, and more?! The man was a legend! Rest in peace, Jerry.




At least we know he'll go to the pearly gates with some seriously pearly whites. Yowza!