White Toofies!
Monday, January 31, 2005
This morning, I went to get my teeth professionally whitened. Honestly, I don't think it made a lick of difference, but other people have noticed. Now I'm stuck eating white foods and water (or milk...two of my absolute LEAST favorite things to drink) for the next 24 hours, and my lower bridge is throbbing like the vein in my father's forehead the morning I crashed his supercharged Buick. OUCH, baby. VERY OUCH.

On the upside, the DDS that consulted for my whitening looked like the lovechild of George Hamilton and Estelle Getty (better as Sophia Petrillo on now-syndicated sitcom "The Golden Girls"). He was short, weirdly skinny (but fat at the same time), and had a tan like you wouldn't believe...it looked as if he'd fallen asleep on some beach for...oh say, about a WEEK.

Maybe he super tans to make his teeth look whiter. Hmmm. Definitely not an option for me. I'd put a photo online of the ivory-white goodness, but frankly, those teeth photos gross me out a little.