Beauty Blunder?
Wednesday, February 02, 2005
This past weekend, my older sister and her husband took my niece to a baby beauty contest, I suppose you could call it. Not really sure if it was a pageant, but definitely resembled one. We have all been telling Jo that she needed to enroll Bri in baby modeling, maybe to start earning money to invest in college savings, or some such intelligent investment. After all, she is ONE CUTE BABY.







Enjoy all the photos that my sister sent me from the day-- you can see that the judges agreed with our family. Bri took home 4 trophies, some in her age bracket, and the big one is for the "Highest Point Total Overall" award. Phew, talk about pressure to perform! At first I felt like perhaps we were all getting ourselves into a JonBenet Ramsey situation, you know, when pageantry goes awry. But then it occurred to me that my sister and brother-in-law are not crazy, psychotic, or deluded about their child and her looks and/or abilities.




What it really comes down to is that we all love her dearly, and she holds a special place in our hearts and lives, no matter how many trophies there are to be had.