Oscar Schmoscar
Monday, February 28, 2005
I'm too tired to really think about a clever post today. I do feel, however, that I would be remiss NOT to quickly cover my thoughts on last night's Academy Awards.

Chris Rock was hilarious, Hilary Swank's dress was unbelievably gorgeous, Antonio Banderas looked like a homeless man with greasy hair, and this guy was caught nodding off during a close-up on the person sitting adjacent to him. Bad form, I think, falling asleep at the Oscars.

I did find it somewhat unfortunate that the general public doesn't seem to have caught and/or appreciated the sarcasm of the whole thing-- the opening monologue, the shtick between Adam Sandler and Chris Rock, and all the fabulous (and true) one-liners. I was listening to the radio this morning, and everyone seems to think that the CLEARLY organized bits were actually accidental, such as the Short Film nominee who was "sleeping," and the absence of Catherine Zeta Jones. Please, people. Did you really buy that?

As Michael Kors would say, "I was underwhelmed."