That Damn Book Club
Thursday, February 17, 2005
As some of you may know, I am a member of a book club. It's a small grouping of my friends and their mothers (mad props to HeatherW and Susan W for the idea). It wasn't started as a mother-daughter book club, but morphed into one a couple of meetings into our existence. We actually try and discuss the book, eat some tasty food, and maintain a monthly schedule. Every holiday, we get together for dinner and a gift exchange (providing that the gift is a book, of course). Whether or not they're aware of it, I consider my book club to be highly valuable to me, my sanity, and my literary awareness.

I've decided that each month, following our book club meeting, I am going to blog about it. Predictable...yes. Potentially boring...yes. Do I care?...No. I encourage anyone who reads my blog to read the books we choose each month - we're a diverse group with diverse tastes, so each month should be interesting at the VERY least.

Up next: "Snow Falling on Cedars" by David Guterson. (We're also going to be watching the film version at our next meeting)