Tuesday, March 22, 2005
I always wonder what I should write about on this damn blog. I love it, and alternately, I fear it. While I should be using it as an outlet, a forum, and an anonymous friend, it typically becomes a 10-minute brain dump. I truly wish that I could take the time to be articulate, intelligent, and present myself in a somewhat polished manner. Unfortunately, all the readers end up getting is a snapshot of a certain, fleeting moment within my daily routine.

That being said, I hope you enjoy it. It is strange to think that the anonymity of the internet is simultaneously a shelter and a stage. My pollyanna, midwestern nature wants to meet all my readers - hell, let's go out for coffee, or a drink! The more, the merrier! Then the cynical, jaded part of me says, "What are you doing, dumbass?! There are freaks on the internet - people who could stalk you, steal your identity, and/or come after you and take your precious dog!"

A big thank you to the readers who lurk on this site (all 15 of you) and don't threaten my safety on a daily basis. I write this blog for me, but I'm glad that you enjoy it too.