Love Song for J. Nike Prufrock
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Some women are arguably far more sophisticated than I am. You know the type - their jacket always matches their bag, their shoes are inevitably heeled and somewhat dainty looking...I could go on. I am not, have never been, and will never be one of those women. I am one of the women you see walking down the street that looks normal - I am the everyday woman.

I have a love affair with sneakers. Gym shoes, tennies, running shoes, whatever you want to call them. I love them all with an unabashed passion. I have 8 pairs living in my closet. Recently, there was a sad development in the sneaker population of Jamie-land. My FAVORITE pair perished. I simply couldn't wear them anymore. They went the way of all smelly, broken-laced, detached sole sneakers. I had to throw them away (sob).

I am heartbroken. I loved those shoes. Those shoes saw me through one of the most tumultuous periods in my young adult life. They stepped in dog poop, got wet in the rain, were repaired many times by super glue, and always fit perfectly no matter what pair of socks I happened to be wearing at the time. I will miss them.

I'd like to have a quick moment of silence in honor of the best pair of shoes a girl could ever have.


Rest In Peace, dear friends.