Sit, Ubu, Sit. Good dog.
Wednesday, March 23, 2005
Dude. I just got a new chair in my office (which I completely rearranged on Monday morning) and it COMPLETELY improved my workplace feng shui. Gone are the days of non-working casters, rigid seatback-ache, and that horrendous scraping noise whenever I stand up.

The guy who brought it up to my office doesn't speak English. Mi no habla Espanol. (Is that phrase even right?) I tried to take it from him and lift it over my desk. He reached in to help me, said, "Me." which I translated into "Allow me, young lady. I shall carry this chair over the threshold of your desk, lest you injure yourself or break an unfeminine sweat." So I gave it to him, and he promptly dropped it and CRASH! KABOOM! POW! KABLOOEY! the chair broke into about 15 pieces on my badly berbered office floor.

So sad. His face went redder than my hair and all I could say was "sorry." How do you say "Oh my God, I'm so embarassed. You are going to go back to your post on the factory floor and tell all the workers about that crazy. redheaded lunatic lady in Customer Service" in Spanish?