Channeling Jack Kerouac
Friday, April 08, 2005
This weekend will be one of my last weekends spent "on the road." I am starting to think that's a good thing, given that I'm constantly unpacking one bag to re-pack another, and I'm pretty sure that I've fallen out of favor with my dog. As I was packing this morning, he just sat there on the bed with his little chin resting on the edge of the suitcase, with his big brown eyes looking up at me pathetically, as if to say, "I know what this big, red, clothing receptacle means, you horrendous pet parent, you."

I'm off to Philadelphia and New York for the weekend - super fun times! How sweet it is to have a boyfriend with extra travel points to burn (and is willing to burn them on me). We're going to eat at my favorite Philly restaurant tonight! Eeeeeee! I have been salivating all day, thinking about their blood orange margaritas. I'm sure you all needed that last detail.

Droooooooooooollllllllllll.................

Then we're off to NYC for Saturday and Sunday morning - sightseeing, dinner with my good friend Sara and her husband Sean, then out to meet up with SMD's college buddies who live in the area.

Until then, I'm here at work -- staring at the clock, watching the hours tick by before I leave for the airport. Oh, wait. I don't have a clock.