Papal Apathy
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
Does that sound like an eye disease to anyone else, or is it just me?

A couple of you, dear readers, have asked why I have refrained from commenting on the Passing of the Pipe, er, I mean the Pope. To be frank (am I ever any other way?), I'm kind of indifferent to the whole situation.

I'm sure he was a wonderful man, who displayed courage and strength in trying times, and all that jazz that every newscast and newspaper seems to be spewing lately. But I have my concerns where the Catholic Church is concerned-- massive guilt complexes, alleged sex scandal, worshipping saints, I just don't know what to make of all of it.

I do, however, feel a great deal of sympathy for the millions of people worldwide who feel that they've truly lost a great leader, and a friend. Rest in Peace, John Paul. Good luck to your successor.

I hereby conclude the official Papal Post of 2005.