Piedmont Triad
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
Please excuse my absence from the blogging world, as I am in North Carolina on business. I am in a funny area called the "Piedmont Triad," consisting of Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and Highpoint...I think. I am too high from all the secondhand smoke to truly grasp the geography of the town. Aack. I think I hear my lungs crying out in pain.

My good friend KT pointed out that after the very recent and very tragic loss of Illinois to UNC-Chapel Hill, it must be even MORE difficult to be here in the land of tobacco and deceptively sweet, vulnerable women. And it is.

The minute I stepped off the airplane, and walked into the PTI terminal, it occurred to me that I should have dressed in University of Illinois apparel from head to toe. Then it occurred to me that I would look like a TOTAL FREAK, and I decided my jeans and sweater were far more appropriate.

Have a great week, everyone. I'll be posting again when I get some free time - I'm thinking sometime in early June.