She's totally a Monet...
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
What movie? What movie? C'mon, you know this one...

I love my apartment. It's on one of the most popular (yet mysteriously not too crowded) streets on the north side, and great new shops and eateries keep opening up in the 'hood. Recently, however, I've realized that there are very small, very bizarre things wrong with the apartment-- things one would never notice unless they lived there.

For instance, when the dog was barking/whining at 3:45 this morning, I stumbled out of bed to take him out. Upon entering the kitchen, I noticed one of the french doors that leads from the kitchen onto the deck was swinging open. I REPEAT, THE BACK DOOR WAS WIDE OPEN. AT 3:45 IN THE MORNING.

I can't tell whether we have ghosts, or if the shitty lock system on the door just gave way in a strong wind. Either way, at least I know now that Doc isn't a big fan of sleeping out "in the elements."