Weekend Update with Jamie Jamerkins
Sunday, April 03, 2005
This weekend has been a study in extremes -- Friday evening and Saturday, I was completely productive. I got my errands done, my laundry done, and went to bed with that amazing feeling of completion. You know, like Wonder Woman but with grocery store preferred shopper cards wrapped around my wrists instead of bullet-proof golden wrist cuffs.

Then today dawned, and it's like the earth stopped spinning. I've gotten nothing accomplished. The only major activities that I accomplished today were setting my clocks to reflect daylight savings, taking the dog on a walk, and getting a cup of coffee. I didn't even make the coffee.

A shift imperceptible to some but to me it felt like an earthquake. This can't turn into a slump either - I haven't gotten my taxes done yet, I have a pair of jeans that need 4 inches (yes, I am that short) taken off before this weekend, and I'm this is my last week of work before a weekend trip with SMD that will parlay directly into an 8 day business trip. Blecch.

Somebody send me some good vibes, because all I want to do is curl up in a blanket with the puppy and watch SATC all night...and that can't happen. My to-do list is just running through my head. At least someone's getting some exercise around here.