Genesis of a craving
Friday, May 27, 2005
While I am still majorly jones-ing for some Mexican food, I think I may have figured out where the craving began. In true Jamie style, please enjoy the short story made long, that you see below.

My parents (known to my good friends as PBomb and JDawg) recently moved into a new condo downtown. They came up to the north side to loan me a car (while mine was in the shop) and drop off some boxes for me to use in my upcoming move. As all great parents do, they then took me out to dinner. It's an excellent arrangment - I get a free meal, and they get to see me. Which all parents claim they don't get enough of. Either way, it's kind of nice that they live close, because when all is said and done, I like them - they're my friends, not just my parents.

Anyhoo...I had fish tacos (for the very first time ever) at dinner. They were very good, and I think the teeny-tiny cup of refried beans set me up for imminent weeklong cravings. Oh the horror! Now all I can think about is mexican food and margaritas. SMD even went online to find lo-carb, sugar free margarita mix (because we all know the most important part is OBVIOUSLY the tequila). Isn't he sweet?

Yes, he is.

Last night, he courteously distracted me from swinging through Taco Bell for the largest order of Pintos-n-Cheese that has ever been ordered in the greater Chicagoland area...instead we hopped over to the grocery and had some late-night Butterscotch Pudding and Lo-Carb Merlot.

Not good the second day, that wine/pudding combo.

Aaack. And I'm still craving Mexican food. I may have to break down and have some tonight.