A Look inside the Glamorous Life of Jamie, Customer Service Extraordinaire
Monday, May 02, 2005
I have received HUNDREDS of emails, with requests for photos of where I write my brilliant, pulitzer-prize winning blog entries. (okay, or maybe...none) As you, my loyal readers, are aware - I do not disappoint.

85% of my blog entries are written from work (gasp!) in spare free time that I get - when I'm on hold with someone, over my lunch break, before I mentally "clock in" in the morning, whenever. So here are a few snapshots of my office, (spartan as it may appear) where my enchanting, provocative prose begins.



As seen above:
1. Curtains from the magical place where all things discount originate -- Target. $20, a tension rod, and !voila! - instant softening of hard-edged, sterile, white office.
2. Old ass chair. Clearly this chair has self-esteem issues.
3. New, fabulous chair.
4. Phone and internet wires hanging out of ceiling. Stylish, eh?
5. White, press-board desk. In a job where seriously gorgeous furniture is at my discounted disposal, I have a white desk made entirely of MDF. Go figure.

(This is not a complaint - I have been offered a fabulous office redesign with beautiful cabinets and desks, but have not had the time to move the project forward)



As seen above:
1. Post-its. My desktop to-do list has to be on brightly colored post-its, otherwise I completely forget my tasks for the day.
2. Leg of skanky, old chair, now reserved for special guests that want to sit down and talk to me at my desk. Who said I never contributed to the welfare of my coworkers?!
3. Diet Coke, preferably from McDonalds. If that tacky, absorbable, stone coaster is empty, it's a fairly accurate indication that I'm going to be crabby.
4. Weird pressboard wall -- currently covering a door-size hole between my office and the office of a co-worker. I needed quiet, what can I say?