Office-sicle
Thursday, May 26, 2005
So the office that I work in is situated amongst the old offices of a toy factory - Fisher-Price, to be exact. Our offices used to be storage rooms, our storage cubbies were once their cubes, and we've basically rearranged everything that used to be normal. One effect of this re-partitioning...all of the A/C that formerly was distributed throughout the open storage room now dumps into my office. More specifically, it blows directly onto my desk.

Imagine yourself at work...now imagine sitting, working at your desk, with a window A/C unit blowing frigid air into your face. My hair is being blown back, that's how much force this damn A/C vent is creating.




There has to be a solution to this, other than the very heavy sweater I'm wearing. I'm getting a little weary of stopping work to go run into the kitchen, and put my hands under hot water. Brrrrrrrrr!

UPDATE (cue breaking story music...)
Through the creative use of cardboard and plywood, there is a now a rickety air re-routing device in place, to send the arctic over to another space. It also looks like someone built a treehouse just above my desk. Very Swiss Family Robinson. But at least now I'm not in need of a space heater under my desk. Bonus.