1-2-Cha-Cha-Cha
Friday, June 24, 2005
I miss dancing. I miss teaching dance. I miss the chemistry and dynamics of a situation in which I have the option to help people -- make them feel good about themselves, make them smile, teach them something.

I have tried taking dance classes- ballet and jazz. SMD even bought me what is probably the most relevant, thoughtful, appropriate gift that anyone could buy me...a class card for a full session at one of the best studios in the midwest.

Savage Jazz


The best thing about dance is that it continually teaches you something about yourself...there is always an opportunity to stretch your exisiting abilities, to try something new, to learn to accept criticism gracefully and productively, and to share your knowledge and experience with others.

Over the past few years, I have been very restless in my life. Moving around and changing jobs has taken its toll, and I'm always left wondering why I still can't seem to settle on anything. I struggle to find a way to maintain my credentials in dance, and stay active SOMEHOW within the industry. Staying current is a huge struggle for me. It's difficult to know that the jobs that I would enjoy and cherish the most are centered around a fickle, unpredictable industry that is constantly changing. The pragmatist in me says, "An office job is safe, predictable, and has benefits." The heart of me says, "You may not be a professional dancer, but that doesn't mean you can't be a part of the world around that."

Easier said than done, I'm afraid.