Chaos
Monday, June 27, 2005
I wish I could post a photo of my desk on this site, so you could all see what I see: imminent failure. This weekend was SO productive (8 loads of laundry, scrubbed the bathroom, made delicious low-carb pizza w/soy flour, cleaned the hardwood floors, went to Target, started packing stuff up for the garage sale) and now I'm here at work, paralyzed by the nightmare that is my desk.

It is fairly easy to compartmentalize my job duties at present-- if there's a customer service issue to be handled (or sales & marketing for that matter), it is represented on my desktop by a note sheet, packet of info, printed out email, some sort of physical, tangible sheet of paper.

I have roughly 654,399 pieces of paper on my desk. My once-logical system is turning into the messiest, most overwhelming "To Do" list in the universe. Today, I will make it my mission to NOT think about my next blog post, but to clear off my desk.

If you're an A-type personality like I am, you know how alluring and addictive productivity can be. There is (almost) no greater pleasure on earth than the ability to check something off a list. Love it!

LET THE PRODUCTIVITY BEGIN.....(mwa ha ha ha ha)