Fun times in the city...
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
Does anyone remember that old Metra jingle from the commercials? That line that goes right before "Metraaaaaa, the way to really fuh-lyyyyyyyy!" -- what are the words? I have been wracking my brain all day trying to figure them out. "Hot" times in the city? "Fun" times in the city? For the love, somebody, throw me a bone here.



I took this photo from I-55 North, on my way into the city. I rarely drive on 55 and the view seemed new to me, so OBVIOUSLY the only logical thing to do is take a photo while driving 65 mph. I know it's crooked and there are lots of wires in the way of the skyline, but I still like this picture for some reason.

Summer in Chicago has officially begun: the streets are starting to close in preparation for the Taste of Chicago, the street festival known to native Chicagoans as "The Food, Beer, and Sweat Fair that the Devil himself brought upon our fair city." Or, as I like to call it, "Hell on Earth." I hate the Taste of Chicago.

Taste THIS, Mayor Daley! Take your BBQ/Rib/DrunkPeople/Pizza-a-thon elsewhere.

Like to the suburbs, where there's plenty of space and far more tolerant residents.