Happy Birthday, Bri Bri!
Monday, June 20, 2005
Today is my niece Brianna's 2nd birthday, which I am celebrating with a photo montage from a recent trip to Galena, and this past weekend's Zoo-rific birthday party. Not only is Bri one of my favorite babies of all time, but she is adorable to boot.

Every birthday and Christmas/Hannukah, I give her a copy of a classic novel. Just a little bizarre tradition that I randomly started one day. Surprisingly enough, she was not excited by my gift of 2 cute outfits and a copy of "Love in the Time of Cholera." She was WAAAYYY more excited with her CareBear Rolling backpack, and her book of ABC's. Go figure.

Carnival rides, provided by “Pop Pop,” were a big draw. I think she's destined for stardom with the traveling cast of Cirque du Soleil.


After witnessing Cousin Hannah's cupcake carnage, Brianna offered everything she could to help out


Here we see Bri carefully guarding one of her favorite birthday gifts. I call this the "CareBear Stare" otherwise known as "Don't come near me because if you think I'm going to share this toy with you, you have another thing coming."


Each time I attempted to take her photo, the flash would pop up—apparently that was a bad thing because she would yell Stop! (well it actually sounded more like “Op!) and then reach for the camera to push the flash bar back down


I know it’s a bit plain, but I love this picture. “Toddler at Rest” I shall call it.


In great family tradition, Bri decides to smile for the camera even though her mouth is full of animal crackers


I called her a midget, and suddenly she was all up in my grill


The hair! It’s finally here!


Over exposed? Check. Still cute? Check.


This photo serves as a size scale, relative to a ½ gallon of milk. She also looks SO MUCH like her father in this picture that it’s almost frightening


After a long debate on whether she could have been an extra on the shoot of the “8Mile” rap battle scene, we put on “Lose Yourself” and Bri displayed her awesome rap crowd moves. Boy was I wrong! Someone call Eminem stat- we need to re-shoot the movie.


Fortunately, Bri is completely entranced by cameras. Since I am usually taking photos when I am around her, I'm certain that the first time she draws a picture of me, I'll have a flash bulb for a head, with a nose that looks mysteriously like a camera lense. Happy Birthday to Hannah, as well, who also turned 2 yesterday!

Wishing each beautiful girl a beautiful future!