Home Schweet Home
Thursday, June 16, 2005
I found an apartment! Why is it always the random, unplanned viewing that results in the great place? This is the 4th time, in a row, that I've loved a place that I really should've never seen. I made the appointment at the last minute, and I am actually going to live right next door to my good friend Jen, a frequent commenter on this blog.

It's a 1br, 1ba, with hardwood floors and newly painted walls - cream with white crown molding. The landlord is a funny, little guy who clearly loves the building. He's got the entire courtyard torn up right now, and is planting all sorts of things. It has a full dining room (unheard of for a 1br), a teeny-tiny toy-sized kitchen (which is fine since I almost never cook), and a long hallway for Doc to run around in. The bedroom is of a manageable size, which is fine since all I really do there is sleep. The living room is the biggest room, which is perfect since that is typically where I spend most of my time.

The building is also right next to a high-rise, which is exciting because I CAN'T WAIT to see which of the neighbors has unprotected wireless internet service. I will be chilling in my new pad, surfing the internet. Fabulous.

I'm randomly very nervous that the building management won't accept my application. So keep your fingers crossed for me on that one.


Eeeeeeee!!!!