New Phone, New Lease on Life
Thursday, June 09, 2005
Or maybe just a new lease.

This weekend marks a turning point in the year 2005. It is the start of yet another apartment hunting season. I'm going to attempt to afford living alone for a year, and we'll see how that works out. Financially, I'm a bit hesitant, but really don't have a choice. I can't even move back in with my parents, because my mother is deathly allergic to my dog.

Soooo, I uh...I got that goin' for me. That Lama, he's a big hitter.

Apartment hunting in Chicago is very difficult in that every neighborhood has a swanky side, and a ghetto. I'm not the type of person that hides behind naive generalizations like "Lincoln Park is safe because there are always people around," or "Wicker Park has streets that I wouldn't drive down with my windows open." Why, you ask? Because lunatics, crazies, sex offenders, rapists, and murderers live everywhere. You can't really say with any kind of confidence that a certain neighborhood is safe, or affordable, because it's always changing. I can't tell you how many people I've met that will only live in certain neighborhoods because they think they're "safer" than others. That is total hogwash. Therefore, I only have criteria like "pet friendly," and "heat included," in my list of must-haves.

I also got a cute new phone yesterday! T-Mobile welcomed me back with open arms (and a free phone and waived activation- boo-yah!) and all is right with the world.

Anyone know of a cute 1br apartment for...oh, say.....$400/mo? Hahahahahahaha. Just kidding.