Pain in the Neck
Monday, June 13, 2005
One of the most annoying things about the internet is unwanted, unsolicited advertising. Sure, it makes the internet and much of its content possible, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Witness the banner ad that I saw above my email inbox just the other day:



WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER HEAD? WHERE IS HER OTHER EAR? IS SHE LOOKING OVER HER SHOULDER AT ME? WHO WOULD DATE A CHICK WITH HALF A HEAD OF HAIR AND THE ABILITY TO SPIN HER OWN HEAD?

CAN ANYONE HEAR ME SCREAMING INSIDE MY HEAD ABOUT THIS?!

This looks like a rejected ad campaign for the movie "Death Becomes Her."

It took me about fifteen viewings to realize that her HAND is what you see on the left, not her neck. It's still pretty fricking creepy, if you ask me. I have trouble looking at it. I certainly hope, for her sake, that this banner ad is NOT the star contribution to her modeling portfolio.