Pregnant Pause
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
I had a dream last night that I was unable to have children. It was one of those lung-squeezing, edge-of-your-seat dreams where I woke up in a cold, clammy sweat. I NEVER wake up in the night, not even to pee.

I've been trying to shake the sinking feeling all day, and it's simply not working. I even attempted to distract myself by consuming an unhealthy amount of Sugar-Free Fudgsicles, but it was no use.

In all seriousness, the dream was scary in a way that no nightmare can match. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't have children. Adopt perhaps, or hire a surrogate parent? The ramifications of the situation are just too overwhelming to consider, and yet millions of women all around the world deal with it on a daily basis.

It doesn't help that my sister is a majorly Fertile Myrtle. I suppose I could just hire HER to have my baby if I couldn't. Hmmm. Until the time comes when this is even an issue in my life, I think I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

What would you do if you found out you couldn't have children?