Critical Mass
Friday, July 22, 2005
The wrath of the yard sale has me in its proverbial clutches. It is so incredibly time consuming that I have literally forgotten about everything else going on in my life. Result? I now have a massive list of things to get done prior to leaving for my upcoming vacation.

Digression: Why is it that most females have huge checklists prior to vacations and weekends away, and a typical man's list has one bullet point? "Pack." Why do vacations seem like daunting personal productions, and is it a female trait to want to be completely prepared and have EVERYTHING just in case...or is that just my own bizarre behavior?!

To be completed-->
1. manicure/pedicure
2. alter 2 sundresses
3. find earrings that go with brown sundress (have to be at a wedding in it)
4. find shoes that go with brown sundress (see above)
5. launder every piece of clothing in possession, in case I need it
6. buy large ziploc bags for toiletries
7. get dog's stuff ready for doggy-sitter
8. write extensive packing lists (two suitcases & one carry-on worth)
9. decide whether it's going to be a brown vacation, or a black one (cuts down on the number of shoes and purses I need to bring)
10. bikini wax?
11. eyebrow wax?
12. inevitable last minute trip to Target to pick up unnecessary amounts of trial size products, and oh, just one more lip gloss won't hurt, and ooh - those little Q-Tip containers are adorable...it's a slippery slope, people
13. clean months of garage dust & spider webbery off of suitcases
14. finish up any work that needs to be done prior to my absence
15. balance checkbook
16. pay any bills that are due during vacation
17. stay on my diet
18. ingest copious amounts of vitamins and zinc to avoid cold that I think I am getting
19. clean apartment
20. try to avoid writing self a million post-it note reminders
21. file taxes so that I don't have to ask for another extension

I'm going to stop there, because I'm freaking myself out. Although I do feel somewhat better getting all that down on paper. Well, figuratively on paper.