Frank The Tank, Frankfurter, Frankincense
Tuesday, July 12, 2005
So I'm still sort of on a high about meeting Frank (see previous entry). Growing up, my family had a red, smooth, miniature dachshund named Gretel. She was a feisty bitch, quite literally. She loved my mother with the fury of a thousand suns, but didn't pass up an opportunity to bite any of my smaller limbs and digits. Someday, I'll scan a photo of her and put it on this site.



Behold, the cute doggy butt:



Despite the occasional (and unpredictable) hostility towards me, I must admit that I'm very much a dachshund person. They are stubborn, intelligent, exceedingly loyal, and have all the perks of small dogs -- small barks, small poop, small dog accessories, etc. Hanging out with Frank the Tank was a reminder of all the pros & cons of having a dachshund, and made me very appreciative of Doc's lablike personality. He's definitely the best of both the dachshund and labrador breeds. And his one white toe is so cute.