Oh, the embarassment
Friday, July 08, 2005
I listen to my iTunes during the work day -- I do. So sue me.

When the phone rings, I'll typically either pause the player, or use the muting shortcut on my keyboard before I pick up. In my haste to get a call this morning, I did things a little out of order and it came back to bite me in the ass big time.

Jamie: "Company X, this is Jamie..."

Client: "Blah blah blah-biddy-blah..."

*INTERRUPTION BY WAY OF ERRANT iTUNES:
"When the Remi's in the system, ain't no tellin
Will I fuck 'em will I diss 'em, that's what they be yellin
I'm a pimp by blood, not relation
Y'all be chasin, I replace them, huh?
Drunk off Crist', mami on E
Can't keep her little model hands off me
Both in the club, high, singing off key
"And I wish I never met her at all..."

Client: "I'm sorry, did you say something?"

Jamie (flustered): "Oh, sorry, no...that's um...a coworker's cell phone ring. (Fingers flying over keyboard) I'll be sure to let them know about it - sorry for the interruption, what were you saying?"

Turns out that some of the songs that I *cough* downloaded in college were of a really bad sound quality. Imagine that. When I moved them over into my iTunes library, the discrepancies in the input volume of each song was magnified. So when I thought I had my music at a respectable, professional level, it was really just some dead time between songs. Enter Jay-Z at DEFCON LEVEL 5 VOLUME.

It was blaring, seriously. I can't get rid of that hot, embarassment flush on my face. Whoops. Fortunately the client is an old, crazy, coot that wouldn't know Jay-Z from Smokey Robinson & The Temptations. Damn you, shuffle feature!