Private eyes (clap! clap!) are watching you
Thursday, July 21, 2005
They see your evveeerrrryyyy move....I love Hall-n-Oates.

I recently published tracking HTML code into my blog, in an effort to get a feel for who is reading it, where they're coming from, how long they stay on it, etc. This means (visualize me wiggling my fingers and glaring down my nose a la Montgomery Burns) that I can see who is visiting. Very interesting...

Actually I'm pretty much obsessed now with checking the tracking data. In the last 10 minutes, for instance, someone has come to the site via a referral from Amy's site. Whether or not they're new, I have no idea, but it's a very clever trick, this software.

I think I like it.

In other news, I've noticed that a lot of my clients exit phone conversations with "mmm...bye" instead of just "goodbye." Is this a midwestern thing? It sounds kind of weird and I never noticed it until now. The pragmatist in me thinks that the extra syllable is sort of unnecessary, but who am I to judge? Do any of you beautiful people employ this odd telephonic farewell?