September to Remember: Fall into Fun
Thursday, July 07, 2005
Who says a sorority is all shallow, lipstick-hogging girls who just want to steal your boyfriend?!

I have some friends from yes...my COLLEGE SORORITY...that have developed into very close, post-college, adult friends. I was in a sorority, so just stop judging me, internet. I loved my sorority days, so sue my faux Greek ass why dont'cha? While we recognize we are very busy people, we also like to make time for one another each year in the form of a weekend trip.

This year will be our fourth annual getaway, held as always at my family's home in Galena, IL. I will admit that it's a fundamentally unhip place to hang out, but it's quiet and we love it. (And we can scream as loud as we want, drink copious amounts of cheap wine, and laugh as long as we want, without having to worry that we're bothering anyone)

We've starting planning this year's event, if you can call picking a date "planning." Well, with 7 women, that is pretty difficult in and of itself. But we don't know what to do with ourselves - we need an activity, people! Does anyone out there in the great internet abyss have any ideas? Past activities include: making taffy apples, holding a mini-pageant, horseback riding, and of course, shopping.

Last year, Megan and Heather decided that every 5 years, we'll take our show on the road. So next year, I'll be polling my MILLIONS of readers about where we should go...but until then, any great group activity ideas?