1-800-HELP-NOW
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
I just about lost my emotional marbles this morning on my way into work, listening to all the tragic and horrific news about the Gulf Coast region and the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. I don't have any friends/family that have been directly affected, but how can we watch the news at night, and listen to the radio, and NOT be affected?!

What's going on down there is crazy -- Lake Pontchartrain, outside of New Orleans, has torn holes in the levees surrounding the city. In some spots, there is more than 20 FEET of standing water. Rescue crews are pushing corpses aside to try and find survivors in the waters. How many days can someone sit on their roof in the 100 degree sun, without water to drink?! The questions are overwhelming, and the needs of the citizens in LA and MS are staggering.

Please consider doing what you can to assist these people- I called in a donation to Red Cross this morning. It wasn't much, but what else can I possibly do?

Clear Channel's Storm Aid
Red Cross Website

You can also call 1-800-HELP-NOW, or the Salvation Army at 1-800-SAL-ARMY.