Blah-g
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
The move is over - it went flawlessly, thanks to a spectacular moving company called USA Moving & Storage. They swept through at 8:30 and by 10:30 am, I lived somewhere else! Like magic! I saved all summer to pay for those movers, and it was MONEY WELL SPENT. I highly recommend the company to anyone looking to move in Chicago or to the suburbs.

I picked the dog up this morning from the kennel and he looked very happy to see me, which is a relief. They said he did just fine (apart from his traumatic arrival - more traumatic for me, it would seem), ate normally during his stay, and was generally lovable. Which is nice to hear, since he's going back there this weekend while I take a quick trip to Boston to visit with some old friends. After picking him up, we went straight to work where he has been keeping me company.

I'm going to take before/after photos of the apartments, so you can see the transition in all it's bloggity goodness...you will all wonder why I would leave such a nice place, but life is like that. You do what you can, and when you have to leave, you may as well go in peace.

Also, today is my 26th birthday! Happy Birthday to me!