In which she purposely blogs when her phone is ringing and should be answered
Friday, August 26, 2005
I understand why we thank God for fridays, but shouldn't we really be thanking the Gregorian Monks for their spectacular (and enduring, as it turns out) calendar making skills?

I really need to get out more, so that my blog entries are less of a daily minutiae report, and more of a story about my FABULOUS life. Ha.

Tomorrow, I'll be driving (with SMD, what a gem) to my family's celebration of my birthday. We will also be celebrating my Uncle Jim's birthday -- he is an interesting character, that Jim. A couple of years ago, following quadruple bypass surgery, he flatlined on the operating table and was revived a la "ER" with those funky-looking electric defibrillating paddles. He has now decided (and rightly so, I suppose) that since he's already been dead, he has NOTHING TO LOSE. Which is a healthy attitude for someone in his position.

One manifestation of his new outlook on life is his wardrobe - he wears nothing but sports clothing. Every day, all day. Coats, shoes, gloves, hats, you name it - the man has kept the Starter Company in business for the past 4-5 years. The last time I saw him in a blazer was my sister's wedding (to which we thought he might show up all in Packers gear, just to piss her off). The man has a matching outfit for every professional sports team there is - NFL, NHL, MLB, etc. When I was cheering in the AFL, he even started buying up arena football paraphenalia. He has a full outfit for every team I've ever danced/cheered for, including college.

And that's love, because he's the biggest UW-Madison alum/fan in the WORLD, and I'm sure draping himself in orange and blue was never his idea of fun. Despite his bizarre choice in clothing, he's the best uncle a girl could ask for.

I will keep you updated on his garb at tomorrow's event, as I'm sure you are slack-jawed with excitement and anticipation.