Ohhhhh I wish I were in the land of cotton...
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Old times there are not forgotten, LOOK AWAY, LOOK AWAY, LOOK AWAY, Dixieland.

Don't even get me started on the contextually appropriate Shag quotes that I could use to describe this vacation.

So I'm biding time in a cafe with free wireless internet service, while SMD makes phone calls outside and pretends not to be annoyed that we've been here for an hour and I'm only to the "D" section of my bookmarked list of blogs.

More stories to come about the beautiful wedding of SMD's friend Jami and Steve in New Hampshire, seeing Eric Clapton's boat anchored on the shore of Kittery, Maine, and flying twice in one day on a tiny regional jet.

For now, I'll say this -- South Carolina is a humid, hot, ball of crabby people that drive really slow. The island we are on is beautiful, despite the intermittent rain we've had all week. My family is in Charleston right now, with other extended relatives, shopping and hanging out. SMD is my "get out of Charleston free" card - ROCK ON. I love having a boyfriend on vacation with me.

So far, I've done a little bit of work, done a few crosswords, baked brownies, guzzled beer, eaten my weight in chips & french onion dip, and learned to play gin. So in a weird, Dirty Dancing way, this is like the best vacation ever.

I will post pictures when I get back. Hope you're all having a great week!