Whirling Dervish
Monday, August 22, 2005


Being out of town always helps me put my life into perspective. I am a routinized homebody, and while I love to travel, it inevitably becomes very draining for me. (unlike SMD, who could spend every day on a plane and be just ducky for weeks on end)

I would like to sit still when I get home. Not do anything, just sit on my ass and watch movies, catch up on my birthday thank-you cards, and talk nonsense to my dog.

In the past month, I have:
- moved from one section of town to another...Southport Corridor, I shall miss you (and my former proximity to Pat's mini-mart) with the fury of a thousand burning suns
- kenneled my dog TWICE (resulting in canine constipation)
- done all my laundry, all at once (this is a lot of clothes, people)
- traveled
- balanced my checkbook...twice! talk about stress.
- gone on vacation with MY ENTIRE FAMILY
- missed days of work that need to be caught up on
- returned 549 voice mails (yes, I kept count)
- celebrated a birthday (resulting in a 4-day binge on Jewel-Osco sheet cake)
- transferred my mail
- purchased ridiculous amounts of fleece for upcoming philanthropic project

Next thing you know, my car will break down. Well, shit...now I've officially jinxed it. So much for that.

It will take me the rest of the month to recover from my work absences and personal obligations. Which makes September OFFICIAL MONTH OF R&R.

And by R&R, I mean Rum and Relaxation.