Hot stuff, baby this evening...
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
I want some HOT STUFF baby tonight...

After I leave work tonight, I'm going to Lincoln Square to pick up a new bed! Whee! I love new things. It doesn't matter whether it's a new pack of gum, a new pair of socks, or a new car (which I've actually never had), it somehow seems exciting. I like the smell of new things, and the sounds - like when you open a new book and the binding crackles. Mmm. LOVE IT.

I bought a bed frame from a nice couple on CraigsList, and got it for $75! I'm such a fabulous negotiator. (snort) Right now, my mattress and box spring are on a metal bed frame that has non-locking casters. Translation for those NOT in the furniture industry: everytime I sit up in bed to read, the bed rolls away from the wall. Not good. The new bed is a solid pine frame, formerly from IKEA, home of death, doom, and shitty furniture. However, solid wood is hard to come by at that pricepoint, and is worth keeping. Therefore, I consider it an intelligent purchase on my part.

After attempting to fit the entire bed (disassembled) into my pimpin' Mitsubishi Galant, I will bring it to work tomorrow to be finished. Yay for working in a factory! This will not only keep me from smelling up my apartment (and my neighbor's apartments) with the stink of finish and lacquer, but also requires no cost and/or effort on my part. Double yay!

Another point of interest: according to my calculations, the bed will be a bit higher than normal if I use both my mattress and box spring. This means that the dog will no longer be able to jump up onto the bed (and my bladder) in the middle of the night. BONUS.

Before and after photos to come...