It's a Small World After All...It's a Small Small World
Thursday, September 08, 2005
GOD, I hate that song. Sorry.

I just had the funniest and most surreal moment EVER in the history of my short-lived bloglife. One of the blogs on my daily "to-read" list is Miss Domestic, otherwise known as Paige. (see my sidebar for a link)

I have left a couple of comments on her site, mostly in response to her photos of Germany (hello, jealousy!) and her son, who is on my top 5 list of "World's Most Adorable Humans Under the Age of 8." She is extremely funny and has that biting, dry sense of humor that I wish I was ballsy enough to pull off. Recently, I got up the courage to IM her about something, and today...SHE RESPONDED! LIVE! ON THE INTERNET!

Why this is such an event to me is beyond even my own comprehension. I understand the technology behind Instant Messenger. I suppose that her response made her seem more human and real to me than before. Much like the first couple of times someone outside my immediate circle of friends commented here (Jonna and Tequila). Speaking with her was simultaneously thrilling and weird - it really hit home that she's a real person. How strange is that? OBVIOUSLY she's a real person, duh. I suppose it's just one of the many ways that the internet (God Bless It) makes our huge world more accessible and less intimidating.

Also, I think most people blog for themselves, their friends, and their family. No one really expects or plans for people halfway across the world to find their site and hone in on it. Letting strangers into your life can have various consequences, I suppose, this being one of them. I guess I'm just a bit starstruck, and neither one of us is a celebrity!

I am so NOT articulate right now.

Anyhow, I needed to be in a meeting, like...um, 5 minutes ago. Stop reading this and go give some love to Miss Domestic.