Love and Hair
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
I'm getting my hair highlighted! (I can see you, there, rolling your eyes in disgust at my thoughts that this is actually newsworthy) I'm excited about it, so stop reading RIGHT NOW if you think I'm vapid, vain, and/or shallow. I have a horrendous time trying to make decisions like this, so I consider this a personal development. My appointment is this Saturday, so get ready for a hair retrospective on Monday. I'm currently hunting down embarassing, childhood photos to scan in purely for your entertainment. Like the perm I had in 4th grade. Yeah. That was necessary.

In unrelated news, I have a huge crush on Steve Van Zandt. Did I ever tell you that, internet? I cannot wait for the Sopranos to start, and even though I have never seen him perform, I'm sure he's super sexy doing his almost-geriatric moves on stage with Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band. Talk about multi-talented. Someone in a complex on my block has a poster of him on their living room wall (he's dancing in the photo and it's hilarious). Occasionally, the dog and I will walk around the block deliberately, so that I can spy on the poster. It cracks me up.

I first fell in love with Steven when I saw him as "Silvio Dante" on the Sopranos. There's something about that pompadour hairdo and snarly upper lip that makes me go weak in the knees. He makes me laugh with his ever-so-slight lisp, and the way he tucks his napkin into his collar during every dinner scene. He's an approachable, warm, and fuzzy gangster if there ever was one.


I'm not sure whether I like Steven or Silvio more. It's doesn't really matter. Steven/Sil- if you're reading this, call me. Let's do lunch. I love you.


I also promise to never blog about my hair again, if you pledge to stop wearing that gypsy-style do-rag. Think about it.