Ouch!
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
Last night I had a physical assessment at my new gym - basically a consultation with a trainer that involves a lot of embarassing physical testing.

Sufficed to say, I'm in OK physical shape. Above average on core strength, waaaaay below average on arm strength (no surprise there). I had to speed walk 1 mile, which was mostly just boring, and apparently I'm exactly where I should be relative to my body fat.

So why is it that I feel so out of shape?

Perhaps it's the 9 (nine, yes, NINE) places she clipped and clamped my fat with the really uncomfortable steel calipers. WAS THAT REALLY TRULY NECESSARY?! I don't even let my boyfriend of 2+ years touch my hip fat. Who does this trainer think she is?!

I haven't been that uncomfortable since weigh-ins for, oh gee, just about every dance team I've ever been a part of. Ick.