Self Portrait Friday : Bibliophile
Friday, September 02, 2005
I am a bit of an eccentric when it comes to books and music. I'm not into a certain genre of either -- I tend to choose what immediately appeals to me, whether the appealing image is from a beautiful cover, or a store display. I have been known to browse self-help then move directly to classic literature. In that same vein, I often leave a CD store (yes, I still buy CDs, people...even though I have an iPod) with two wildly different selections. Like Hall & Oates Greatest Hits and the Soundtrack to the Matrix.

This morning I woke up and decided to take some informal shots of my bookshelves. (click to enlarge)


My bookshelves have been with me since high school. They're always one of the first things I unpack whenever I move...I feel more at home when they're set up.

They are also, refreshingly enough, one of things in my life that I'm NOT 100% anal about - I just toss the books around, no order, no system. These photos represent about 25% of the total book count.


I am halfway through the following books, and plan on finishing them this weekend:

NASCAR for Dummies
Suze Orman's "Money Advice for the Young, Fabulous, and Broke"
The Badass Girl's Guide to Poker

Have a wonderful labor day weekend, everyone!