She's a little runaway...
Friday, September 09, 2005
It's time for me to blow this popstand.

Off to Galena, IL, for a weekend getaway with my hoes. Actually, they're a group of intelligent, assertive, and self-sufficient young women who were my bitches back in the day. (aka they're my sorority sisters) How quickly the time flies when you're transitioning from binge drinking to becoming patent lawyers, engineers, teachers, PhD candidates, computer whizzes, advertising moguls, and customer service managers.

Oh wait, one of these things is not like the other...

In reality, we are going to make our annual escape from real life to hang out in the middle of nowhere, drink copious amounts of sugary mixed drinks and catch up on the details of our lives. In the process, we'll also be making fleece blankets for a nationwide children's charity that distributes them to seriously ill kiddies. (I bought some sweet fleece, yo, tropical prints, faux denim, and embroidered strawberries)

In the hubbub of my departure at way-too-early-o-clock this morning, I forgot my camera. That's right, internet: I F*$&ING FORGOT MY CAMERA! I will be forced to document the occasion on monday with borrowed pics. I'm sure you'll get over it, but I might not.

Until then, be safe and have wonderful weekends!