Furniture Capital of the World
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Southern women. Does anyone understand them? If they are as strong as they claim to be, historically and presently, then WHY IN GOD'S NAME do they need assistance at baggage claim? Does all the jewelry, piled on top of a velour tracksuit, with the makeup and the big hair - does it hamper their ability to pull their own damn bag off of the carousel?

I cannot express to you how many Southern women I saw last night, upon my arrival, just point at their bags so that some poor soul with a dolly could run and fetch them. One woman actually fell over trying to get out of the way of her luggage-man and ended up with a big jamie suitcase handle in her butt. She said nothing about the ass-violation, but did utter a soft "My word..." as she crumpled to the ground. I just got the hell out of the way. I will be taking my suitcase to therapy immediately when we get back to Chicago.

These women had better be good tippers, that's all I'm saying.