Irritated
Monday, October 31, 2005
You know what I find ironic? People come to my site often (as in, multiple times a day) via another site, and will occasionally leave me a negative comment or two. Out of total annoyance, I'm not going to post the site because that would only give undue attention to this person/these people. Yes, I'm talking to YOU, "Anonymous" from Ashburn, VA and Chicago, IL.

Instead, I'm going to make a disclaimer.

I am a woman who isn't always the smartest in the room, but I can hold my own and I'm okay with that. I like talking, and writing, about things that others might find inane, pointless, vapid, whatever you want to call it. I think that negative comments marked with "anonymous" are passive-aggressive and I will delete them. Not because my feelings are hurt, but because it's my blog and I can do whatever I DAMN WELL PLEASE.

The aforementioned comments aren't useful, they aren't intelligently written, and they are meanspirited in every way. Each one is usually a direct attack on my personality, my intelligence, and my behavior. Why anyone who doesn't know me would get some sort of cheap thrill by insulting my way of life is completely beyond me. While all of my readers are entitled to their own opinions, I reserve the right to pull their a**hole input off the site.

If you don't like what I write, how I express myself, or what I do in my daily life, then don't read this blog. You probably won't ever find a post on this blog regarding any of the following: the government, religion, indie rock and/or filmmaking, the outsourcing of technology to overseas markets, the real estate boom, stocks & bonds, the meteoric rise of Richard Branson, or selling out to "The Man." If you're looking for an adult perspective on the issues of our times, YA AIN'T GONNA FIND IT.

I don't listen to Interpol or The Smiths, I don't read Chuck Palahniuk or Ayn Rand, and as a fan of Britney Spears, I still managed to graduate college and get a full-time job. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! If you don't like it, you can leave. And on your way out, step around your enormous ego, get over your pompous self and stop leaving negative comments.

Please and thank you.